makes 8-10 scones
2 tbsp chia seeds
(leave to soak in a bowl whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients)
175g rice flour/buckwheat flour
55g coconut/almond flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of xanthan gum
2 tbsp coconut sugar or 1 tbsp xylitol
3 tbsp of coconut oil (chilled so hardened)
150ml almond/hemp/coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
200g of fruit e.g. blueberries, dried fruits, cherries, dates, raspberries etc.
optional: add chopped walnuts
These are best consumed while still fresh and warm. You can freeze them as soon as they are cooled, then heat up when you are ready to enjoy them. These clean scones are best served warm with vegan butter or creamed coconut and a little organic honey.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius
- place a baking sheet/greaseproof paper on a baking tray
- Rub coconut oil through the flour with your fingertips then add xanthan and baking powder.
- Next add in the fruit. Then stir all the rest of ingredients with a blunt knife.
- Mix well and shape into balls placing them onto the baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown