If you are looking for something that will help you reduce the effects of ageing (slow it down), help prevent disease and illness, improve your mental health i.e. reduce anxiety and generally improve the detoxification of your body – this is it!
We all know there is no quick fix for anything, however adding in a green smoothie to your morning (after your lemon and hot water of course (with optional ginger/cayenne)) will start your day in an amazing way. You will not only be shaking up toxins and neutralising free radicals (causes of ageing and cell damage), the fibre also moves toxins from your body. Make this a daily habit and you will notice a huge difference to your energy levels and symptoms within days to a few months (depending on your specific health).
I tend to mix my greens and ingredients, however the recipe below is a standard with options you can try to find your preferred flavours. Remember to experiment…
- handful of greens e.g. Kale, Spinach, spring greens, lettuce
- a few coriander leaves
- 250ml nut milk or water
- 1/4 banana
- a teaspoon of mixed seeds e.g. chia, sunflower, pumpkin, hemp,sesame etc.
- 1 tsp nut butter (no sugar/oils added) or a a few walnuts
- 1 tsp spirulina and or chlorella
- 1/8 lemon
- thumb size piece of fresh ginger
- Additional fruit options for added sweetness, nutrients and fibre: 1/4 apple and or pear, berries.
Additional healing options: pinch of turmeric, watercress, Linwoods flaxseeds with probiotic and vitamin D, wheatgerm.
Additional hormone balancing options: tsp maca powder, 1/2 tsp ashwaghanda.
Blitz everything up in the blender and enjoy – it will keep in a fridge for 1 day.
Please let me know your preferred flavours for your green smoothie by commenting below.
With love and health,