1 tbsp olive oil
6 dried apricots
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cumin
800g chopped tomatoes
200ml vegetable stock
a range of mixed vegetables e.g. green beans, carrots, broccoli,
- Boil 500ml of water for the couscous.
- Zest the lemon using a fine grater and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Put the couscous into the boiling water, half the lemon juice and zest and a pinch of salt. Cover with clingfilm and leave it to absorb fluid for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add the cinnamon, cumin, tomatoes, stock and the remaining lemon juice and zest.
- Stir and then add vegetables and chopped up apricots, cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- To serve, fluff up couscous with a fork and top it with the chicken mix.